Cinque Terre Slow Version
With a base in Vernazza or Monterosso, the Cinque Terre Slow Version allows you to relax, unpack your bags and take each day as it comes. Read on for details.
The Sentiero Azzurro, the classic coastal path that links the five villages of the Cinque Terre, is one of the most spectacular walks in Europe. However, there is more to the Cinque Terre National Park than this: a network of marked walking paths takes you up and along the mountains that rise up behind the Cinque Terre, passing through terraced vineyards and pine forests to a quiet, hidden world of remote villages and ancient sanctuaries, with breath-taking views of the coast and the sparkling Mediterranean Sea far below. There are three 'sets' of walks:
- the Sentiero Azzurro (4 walks): that classic coastal walk that links Monterosso with Portovenere,
- the Sentiero dei Santuari (3 walks):these Grade 3 walks follow stone paths that link the mid range villages and chapels and
- the Sentiero Rosso (3 walks): the spectacular high route that runs along the mountain ridges, connecting Portovenere with Monterosso
With 5 nights/6 days based in the best accommodation and armed with a 'menu' of the 10 best walks of the region, you will be able to plan your own program, choosing each day's walk according to your interest and energy levels. Using the Cinque Terre's efficient local transport service, you'll be able to get to the beginning of each walk and then back to your base at the end of the day.
The daily walks range from 7 to 14 kilometres in length, following well-marked paths.
The very efficient local transport system gives the walker great flexibility: the coastal villages are all connected by regular train and/or ferry services, while several of the higher villages and sanctuaries of the mountain walks are connected to the coastal villages by small electric buses. This means that you are able to pick and choose your daily walks depending on your interests and energy levels.
The accommodation is in a very good, boutique accommodation overlooking the beach in buzzy Monterosso, with en suite bathroom, air-conditioning and satellite TV.
Generous breakfasts are included each day (you'll need them for your walks). Dinner is included on the first night.
Interested in the 1. Northern Italy: Cinque Terre Slow, coastal and mountain trails Self-Guided Walk?Don't miss out, places are limited. Make your booking now. Book Now › Make an Enquiry ›
This walking tour in the Cinque Terre can be personalised to meet your interests and travel dates.
- 5 nights accommodation and breakfast each morning in serviced rooms in either Vernazza or Monterosso
- dinner on the first night
- detailed maps (1:25000 scale) and walking instructions for each walk
- reading list; historical and cultural notes; local transport timetables
- 24 hour back up from local manager
$1300 with dinner on night one, staying in either Monterosso or Vernazza.
Single Supplement: $550
5% discount when 4 people or more book and deposit together.
“Thank you for organizing such a lovely tour. I fell in love with Cinque Terra and Andrea was the perfect host and the position ideal. The dinner on the first night surpassed our expectations. Back to reality until the next time."
– CG + PF Cinque Terre Slow (Monterosso)
1. Northern Italy: Cinque Terre Slow, coastal and mountain trails FAQs
Find out a little more about the 1. Northern Italy: Cinque Terre Slow, coastal and mountain trails tour by reading some of our most frequently asked questions.View all FAQs ›